Authentication via PHP & MySQL

Hey Guys,

I’ve been trying to authenticate users from a website via my jabber-database (MySQL, not the embedded one). LDAP would be total overkill and I just need MySQL.

The problem I have is that I can’t find the exact password encryption algorhythm. I tried very hard to find any solution in this support forum and via google, but hardly found anything.

My status right now: I know the basic-encryption is blowfish (which uses the passwordKey that can be found in the MySQL-db in table “ofProperty”). But the password isn’t just encrypted with blowfish, it’s “salted” (which I didn’t know before, but AFAIK it means it’s changed with some kind of random phrase to make it even more secure).

So, how to get an entered password (via form) encrypted so it matches the password I can find in the database as “encryptedPassword” ?

I really hope to get help here :slight_smile: Looking forward to get some more information…

Thanks in advance,

Carsten

Hello everybody,

can anyone help me with my previous post? Some days went past and still no answer… I tried hard finding an answer in other discussions, but never found one.

It seems to me like many other people have the same problem, so an exact answer how to decrypt the salted blowfish-passwords openfire uses (in combination with mysql) would be great - not just for me. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,

Carsten