Authentication with Active Directory 2k3

Hi,

I’m hoping somebody can help me with this. I’ve installed OpenFire Server 3.6.0 on a Win2k3 Server. It’s a test server so it isn’t a Domain Server. When I configure the AD settings on it, i get mixed results, but most of it point to some inconsistencies in authentication.

For the Base DN I’ve used the following

LDAP Server

** Server Type: Active Directory**

** Host: PDC1.applehouse.inc**

** Base DN: OU=Applehouse Users (Main), DC=Applehouse, DC=inc**

Authentication

** Administrator DN: openfire**

__ Password: ****************__

And when I ran the test, it worked great. Also, doing the following works for the step 1 test:

LDAP Server

** Server Type: Active Directory**

** Host: PDC1.applehouse.inc**

** Base DN: DC=Applehouse, DC=inc**

Authentication

** Administrator DN: openfire**

__ Password: ****************__

What’s interesting is that if I change the user, the authentication tests fails. Even if I use a domain administration user. Now the only issue I see here is where the users are placed in the AD:

applehouse.inc

Users

openfire

Applehouse Users (Main)

domainadmin

otheruser

It should be noted, that the openfire user account is a normal user account. Furthermore, if I use the authentication that seems to work, the tests for the next 2 pages (User Mapping and Group Mapping) fail. Lastly, I cannot add an administrator account because it can’t detect any.

I’ve searched around for solutions to this but I can’t seem to find this problem anywhere else.

Thanks for your help!

Troy

You should not have spaces and definitely no parenthesis in your Domain structure. These are invalid characters. Remember just because windows is dumb enough to let you enter them does not make it correct. Use this doc as a guide: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1554