Auto-responder plugin

Hi, I am hoping there is a plugin out there already for this… if not, maybe someone can create one… for a small reward? Or maybe just point me in the right direction in terms of how to build something like this:

Basically I want to create a very simple auto-responding bot, the spark client just sits and listens to all chat in a specified room, or directed at it, and responds. For instance, if someone types: infobot: what time is it? Infobot responds with the time. So I imagine in the end having a config file of phrase/response pairings which load up when spark starts and the plugin is activated.

Thanks for any help.

Hi coldfact,

You might want to take a look at Helga (a Server-Bot plugin). It doesn’t do exactly what you’re looking for but it probably has all the infrastructure in-place and could be tweaked to meet your needs.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, it’s a good idea and maybe the best way to do this, just don’t have server access… so would prefer it on the Spark client.

Hi coldfact,

Oops, I didn’t notice you had posted this in the Spark development forum. I’m not aware of any “sparkplug” that would do this but developing one would be a pretty straightforward process. There’s a sparkplug development kit that is a little out-of-date but you can use it to get started.

Hope that helps,

Ryan