powered by Jive Software

Autologin based on AD User account already logged in

I am sure this has been asked millions of times. I just couldn’t find something that really fit. I wanted to find out for myself.

I have a Windows 2008 / Windows 7 network (we also have Vista, XP out there). We run Openfire on the Windows Server. We are trying to make spark more used. One of the things I was wondering is there a way that we can have the users who logged into the machine as a part of their login scripts force spark to log them in as well?

yes…I have done this in the past for some of my clients You’ll want to enable and configure SSO. Once you do that, then you’ll want to push out a spark properties (login script works well) file to all you user to force them to auto sign in and use SSO.

Thank you speedy for your help. Few problems I am running into. If I need a new post please let me know.

I followed this guide: http://community.igniterealtime.org/docs/DOC-1362

When I modify the openfire.xml file with the sections to add I set everything in there. When I start the server I can’t login tells me it errors. I went back into the openfire.xml to check the settings the debug is missing and the config for the gss.conf file is gone. I am not sure am I a missing something here. The server is a Windows 2008 server.

I manually make changes to the system properties using the admin interface.

Okay, I have followed the guide. I spent 12 Hours so far working on this. I think I have the way to discuss my challenges. Speedy you have been really helpful. I hope you don’t mind giving me a few more hints.

Windows 2008 R2 - AD Clean out of the box. No real big GPO’s only one domain controller and no other servers. Windows 7 Clients.

Openfire runs on the Windows 2008 server.

I followed the guide I posted above to the T. I set everything, re-set everything, and fiddled with it all. I am still running into issues. When I set up Spark it gives me the error about SSO. Even with the Openfire server offline. I am also now seeing that where the Account: is showing unable to determine. I am not quite sure what is going on.

Given you have done this for a few clients I was wondering if I am missing a GPO or a setting some place. Thank you again for your help. If you were here I would take you to Starbucks.

I have posted alot of my notes here. I’ll be up for a while, so if you run into any

issues, send me a PM

http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/217792#217792