Automatically add rooms to rosters?

Running OF3.43, using with ADS integration.

It’s wonderful how ADS groups are automatically translated to OpenFire groups. But I’d also like to create a chat room for each of these groups. I know that users can add these rooms to their groups. But I was wondering if there was a way of doing this from the server automatically – assigning rooms to groups, and having them appear in the client rosters’ groups.

TIA.

-Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

As far as I know, chatrooms can not be stored in your roster on the server side. This is usually something the jabber client stores on the client side.

I would love to see what you ask work as well.

daryl

akrherz wrote:

As far as I know, chatrooms can not be stored in your roster on the server side.

Not quite in roster, but in form of bookmarks rooms can be stored server side in Private Data Storage. Spark hs a menu for Bookmarks. Exodus is showing bookmarks on top of the contact list. Those bookmarks are pulled automaticly if you login at new place with fresh profile.

EDIT - but i dont know of a way/plugin to add those bookmarks server side. Though i think i was requesting this long time ago. So now you have to add them once with a client to have them appearing automaticly in fresh profile.

JM-351