Best way to upload a file

Hi,

I’‘m developing one wildfire’'s plugin that needs to receive a file from a client. What is the best way to send a file from one client to the server for a plugin?

Thank you

Daniele

You can use the smack file transfer code to handle the whole file transfer for you. It should work as long as you plugin has a registered XMPP name, if it doesn’'t you may consider adding it.

Cheers,

Alex

can you please you explain what you mean by “registered XMPP name”

Well, what I mean is that your plugin will need to be addresible under XMPP. In other words, he would need to set it up as an Internal Component which causes it to be registered with the server. The proxy itself is registered in much this way, its address is “proxy.server.com”.

Cheers,

Alex

AWenckus, I looked at your solution but this means to integrate a smack client in the plugin, a build-in smack client registered with a something like majordomo account to provide the filetransfert feature.

Davide

Maybe we should consider adding file transfer support directly into Wildfire? It would be pretty useful for things like file transfers in group chats.

-Matt

That’‘s a good idea Matt, hadn’'t even thought about that.

Alex

Hey guys,

I’'ve created an issue for this feature: JM-651

You can track its progress there.

Cheers,

Alex

Hello,

have you any news about the opened issue of this thread JM-651?

Davide

Davide,

The feature won’'t make it into the 3.1.0 release. We should have time to get it in for the 3.2 release, though.

Regards,

Matt