Bot to keep chat rooms alive

Has anyone had any luck finding a decent bot that will keep a chat room alive?

I have been playing with chatbot and can’'t get it to connect.

I have also tried using jabbot and it connects, but then won’‘t respond to the queries I send it, and it doesn’'t seem to like joining the chatroom I configured it to join.

I know this could all probably be done with the smack api, but I’'d really rather not write my own solution.

Any thoughts you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rich

If you want to keep a chatroom alive, just configure it as persistent. Are there other features the chatbots provide that you’'re looking for?

Regards,

Matt

Chatbot does have some neat reporting features, but for my immediate purposes all I need is for the chatroom to stay open at all times. In case I haven’‘t made it obvious by now I haven’'t been running a jive server very long (couple of weeks). So my next question is how do I configure a persistent chatroom?

In Messenger 2.1 you’‘ll be able to create persistent chat rooms from the admin console. In 2.0, use a MUC-compliant client (such as Exodus) to create your chat rooms. You’'ll be presented with a form where one of the choices is to make the room persistent.

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt. I was using psi, when I pulled up my exodus client it worked exactly as you noted.

Rich