Bring window to front problems

Ok, i have filed another ticket https://igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/SPARK-1599 . I hope nobody will ask for a custom popup based on a time of a day

Hi wr00t

I assume your comment about SPARK-1599 is a bit tongue-in-cheek which is good, we all need a sense of humour. But really my point was that SPARK-1596 should be closed in favour of the approach laid out in SPARK-1599, which I believe represents a more versatile and easier to develop solution.

Is there any opportunity to fund the development of this requirement? Depending on the required investment level I would certainly consider it.

Regards

micro

I was joking, yes I have left the first ticket open, because i think they both may have a usage case (some users might want a custom popup just for the group chats).

Is there any opportunity to fund the development of this requirement? Depending on the required investment level I would certainly consider it.

Unless you will find a Java developer yourself and pay him to make a patch. There are no active Spark developers here for some time (it’s an open source project without much traction). I doubt you will find someone in these forums. It will probably be faster to find someone in your local area or via an online search. Roar plugin shouldn’t have huge source base, so it should be relatively easy to dig into a code and modify it.

Hi wroot

Thanks for your advice. Finding a java dev doesn’t sound too hard but will they be able to check in any changes they make, or are you suggesting that we just use the source and compile our own custom client? My preference, if we develop this, would be to give it back to the community but I notice that the change made by Wolf earlier has not made it into a release so maybe this is not possible? Please forgive my ignorance regarding open source dev processes.

Regards

micro

That’s ok. There is no defined default dev process for all open source projects. Everyone has their own processes.

As Spark’s and its plugins’ code is publicly available via igniterealtime/Spark · GitHub it is best to do changes in Git repository in your personal branch and then do a pull request to the master branch. Then someone will apply the changes (ideally it would also need a review, but currently there is no developer to do this, so quality assurance will be only testing after building).

As there is no team or at least a project lead behind Spark currently, there were no official releases for years. But every change is incorporated by the automatic build system. Wolf’s change is in the 2.7.0 #666 build Spark - INSTALL4J 666: Build result summary - Atlassian Bamboo . You can download this particular build by going into Artifacts > Install4J and select 2_7_0_666.exe (not the online one). Or you can go to this project’s home page and download the latest build (#668 at the moment) Spark - INSTALL4J: Plan summary - Atlassian Bamboo . I’m using 667 build in my network currently (668 had a minor fix for the building, so not worth upgrading and it should work the same as 667). Actually i suggest using 667 as it has a neat fix for the systray icon behavior.

Ah, I see. Thanks for explaining that - very useful! I’ll download the latest build for my deployment here.

I will explore development of this enhancement in due course but it may take a little while to works its way to the top of the priority list.

If anyone still cares, Wolf has just submitted a patch for both [SPARK-1596] Different settings for group chat Roar popups - IgniteRealtime JIRA and [SPARK-1599] Add an option for custom Roar popup based on a keyword - IgniteRealtime JIRA. It has been applied and can be tested in the latest test build (Windows, with Java): http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/spark/dailybuilds/spark_2_7_7_811.exe

Keyword settings only apply when single-user chat popups are disabled. I think it should work with them enabled also. Have commented on that here Roar updates by wolfposd ¡ Pull Request #130 ¡ igniterealtime/Spark ¡ GitHub

Aside from that it seems to be working perfectly

Build 812 fixes keyword popup issue as well as introduces some new features like system popup which uses OS API to show popups (on Windows 10 it uses Action Center popups) http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/spark/dailybuilds/spark_2_7_7_812.exe