BROADCAST plug in does not work with Openfire 4.3.2

After fresh reinstall of recent OF I cant make broadcast to work :frowning:
(Worked well previously)

I searched for all possible solutions (including this) with no luck - please heeeelpā€¦

I can see on server jar files with proper priviledges
Below is what is in log

Any ideas ?

drwxr-xr-x 3 openfire openfire  4096 Mar 18 13:13 broadcast
-rw-r--r-- 1 openfire openfire  9789 Mar 18 13:13 broadcast.jar

2019.03.18 13:15:54 ERROR [pool-28-thread-1]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - An exception occurred while loading plugin 'broadcast':
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.BroadcastPlugin
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java:544) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask$4.call(PluginMonitor.java:354) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask$4.call(PluginMonitor.java:342) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_181]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_181]

I can confirm that Broadcast is not working in 4.3. I have filed this as https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-1716 Not sure who and when will look into that. Broadcast was lost while all plugins were moved to separate GitHub repositories (see linked ticket). Although the source is still there, just needs sorting things out.

I have done the first part. Broadcast plugin repo created and plugin builds and runs ok. However, assistance is needed to automate the build process.

1 Like

Thanks, Dele. I have moved the Jira ticket to https://github.com/igniterealtime/openfire-broadcast-plugin/issues/2

Thank you Both!

If plugin can be compiled now - is there any way to configure it manually and start using ?
Or have to wait for official release ?

Dele just only recovered pluginā€™s source and created a repository, but nothing has been done about the issue with running it yet. The attached GitHub issue is still open. You can check it to see if something has been done about it.

If anyone is interested, version 1.9.2 has just been released with a fix. You can update it in Admin Console.

1 Like