user 3

user 4

All Emps Location x

user 1

user 2

user 3

user 4

… and so on for location a,b,c…

The problem that I am running into is that when I use the Roster Broadcast, user 1,2,3,4 will get 2 Broadcast messages ''cause they appear twice in the roster list. Is there a way to filter out duplicate entries on a Roster Broadcast?

Thanks,

Note: My other solution is to create a “Company Wide Contact Group” and just use the group broadcast capability.

Another workaround is to use Send Message in Sessions tab in Admin Console. This is possible only for admins though.

Few thoughts. Broadcasting to groups works as it should, it sends message to every contact in a a group. One should avoid of making duplicate contacts.

Hi there, I was wondering simply how one would go about using the broadcast plugin to send broadcast messages to groups?

I have an SQL server application that already has user accounts and groups defined. I’'ve synced those user accounts and groups over to Wildfire and now I want to be able to issue alerts from the SQL application to groups of Jabber users programmatically, without using a jabber client like spark or manually doing it. Any ideas?

Hey ishmell,

There are 2 ways to broadcast messages using the broadcast plugin. 1) Using a client send a message to the broadcast service or 2) Write a Wildfire plugin that uses the broadcast API to broadcast messages. In your case you can use any of them depending on your architecture that you are building.

Regards,

– Gato