Bug in Wildfire 3.2.1 when sending URLs?

I seem to have uncovered a bug, though I haven’‘t been able to find any error messages or anything to confirm it. If I’‘m sending a URL to another Jabber contact (also logged into my server), like “http://www.google.com” everything is fine. However, if I send “http://www.google.com/” with the trailing slash, no more packets can be sent from me to anyone else. This happens on both mcabber and Psi. Perhaps somehow the URL isn’‘t being escaped properly and it’‘s messing up the XMPP packet? I don’‘t really know what’‘s happening since none of Wildfire’'s logs indicate anything amiss. Any ideas? Has anyone else noticed this?

MysticOne

Message was edited by: mysticone

Changed “link” to “URL”, since that’'s a more accurate description.

Wow, I can reproduce here with 3.2.1 going between Exodus and Gaim

The sender of the trailing slash can’'t send any more text, while the other user can keep talking.

Hi MysticOne,

good to know that you did hit JM-983 (;

I could reproduce the issue also with Spark so it really seems to be a server problem, so I created the issue.

LG

Thanks, LG. I’‘m glad I’‘m not crazy! It sucks it happened right after releasing 3.2.1. Have you guys ever thought of a way to do quick patches or hotfixes that could be done either without restarting the entire server, or at least without a manual upgrade? Just a thought. I don’'t know if the architecture lends itself to that sort of functionality. Thanks for opening the bug report.

good to know that you did hit Bug-- Closed: Fixed JM-983 (;

I could reproduce the issue also with Spark so it really seems to be a server problem, so I created the issue.

Wow, thanks for the quick fix! Is there anyway to implement this in 3.2.1 ? I’‘m nervous about how many of my users are hitting it and not knowing it. I’'ve hit it 3 times today and I should know better!

Perhaps try the nightly after tonight?

thanks,

daryl

Message was edited by: akrherz

Hey daryl,

We may release Wildfire 3.2.2 today since we consider that error a blocker issue. Besides, we also fixed another important presence problem with shared groups so we now have 2 very important fixes.

Regards,

– Gato