BUG: spark_2_6_0_12285 - No Conf Rooms Showing

Just installed spark_2_6_0_12285 and now none of our conference rooms are showing up in Spark. I reinstalled spark and it did not fix it. They ARE working for everyone else who is still in 2.5.8.

Well, I think you won’t be happy, if I tell you that this build works for me and conference rooms. Anything visible in the log’s ?

Did you try with a clean profile?

just did a clean reinstall and it didnt fix it. here are the logs:

Apr 28, 2011 10:50:05 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Error setting up GroupChatTable

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “”

• at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)*

• at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)*

• at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.RoomInfo.(RoomInfo.java:99)*

• at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:238)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isPasswordProtected (ConferenceRoomBrowser.java:865)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.addRoomToTable(Conf erenceRoomBrowser.java:805)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.access$700(Conferen ceRoomBrowser.java:91)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser$10.finished(Confere nceRoomBrowser.java:513)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:148)*

• at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)*

• at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)*

Apr 28, 2011 10:50:50 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “”

• at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:238)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isPasswordProtected (ConferenceRoomBrowser.java:865)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.addRoomToTable(Conf erenceRoomBrowser.java:805)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.access$700(Conferen ceRoomBrowser.java:91)*

• at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser$10.finished(Confere nceRoomBrowser.java:513)*

Doesn’t show rooms for me either. I think this issue was introduced after adding the indication if user doesn’t have access to a room or if a room is password protected. SPARK-1305

not sure if I get you right, but I am the openfire admin and domain admin and i still can’t see the rooms

Well, i didn’t mean that you don’t have access to those rooms, i’m admin myself and can’t see any room either. I’m just pointing when the regression might had happen.

Wroot, Do you have an error log for Wolf?

Same as cchurch. Looks like it doesn’t like something about the topic of my room.

Apr 29, 2011 6:25:06 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “okidoki”

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.RoomInfo.(RoomInfo.java:99)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:238)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isPasswordProtected (ConferenceRoomBrowser.java:865)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.addRoomToTable(Conf erenceRoomBrowser.java:805)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.access$700(Conferen ceRoomBrowser.java:91)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser$10.finished(Confere nceRoomBrowser.java:513)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:148)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Apr 29, 2011 6:25:08 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE: Unable to retrieve room list and info.

at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.smackx.muc.MultiUserChat.getRoomInfo(MultiUserChat.java:238)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.isPasswordProtected (ConferenceRoomBrowser.java:865)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.addRoomToTable(Conf erenceRoomBrowser.java:805)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser.access$700(Conferen ceRoomBrowser.java:91)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.conferences.ConferenceRoomBrowser$8.finished(Conferen ceRoomBrowser.java:273)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2$1.run(SwingWorker.java:148)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

cannot reproduce, works as intended

looks like your server is messed up, its sending the roomtopic as roomOccupantcount, as far as i have understood your posts

is “okidoki” the roomtopic?

in roominfo @ line 99 in red:

RoomInfo(DiscoverInfo info) {

super();

this.room = info.getFrom();

// Get the information based on the discovered features

this.membersOnly = info.containsFeature(“muc_membersonly”);

this.moderated = info.containsFeature(“muc_moderated”);

this.nonanonymous = info.containsFeature(“muc_nonanonymous”);

this.passwordProtected = info.containsFeature(“muc_passwordprotected”);

this.persistent = info.containsFeature(“muc_persistent”);

// Get the information based on the discovered extended information

Form form = Form.getFormFrom(info);

if (form != null) {

FormField descField = form.getField(“muc#roominfo_description”);

this.description = descField == null ? “” : descField.getValues().next();

FormField subjField = form.getField(“muc#roominfo_subject”);

this.subject = subjField == null ? “” : subjField.getValues().next();

FormField occCountField = form.getField(“muc#roominfo_occupants”);

this.occupantsCount = occCountField == null ? -1 : Integer.parseInt(occCountField.getValues()

.next());

}

}

are you using 3.7.0 or 3.6.4??

We are using openfire 3.7. Everyone who is still on Spark 2.5.8 shows the conference rooms like normal. There is no current conference room with the topic of “okidoki” nor does that word appear anywhere in the Group Chat>Room Administration section of openfire. I can restart the server tonight to see if that helps.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

He was talking about my room and it was a room topic. I’m afraid restart won’t help. Are you using embedded database, cchurch? I do. and i have just started with a fresh database and 3.7.0 and i still have the same issue. Also it shows occupants as n/a, though it should show 0 at least if there is noone in the room. It works fine with igniterealtime.org server and the latest Spark. So probably it is a bug in Openfire’s embedded database. Though it shows rooms in Spark 2.5.8 and two other clients i have tested and it is possible to join and chat in them. Probably we should file this as Openfire bug, but i’m afraid this won’t be fixed soon and after the 2.6.0 release we can get a bunch of complaints about missing rooms in Spark. This is probably a very long standing issue as i’m seeing n/a in participants count for quite a long time.

real bummer. We will NOT be able to upgrade if rooms are not working since we rely heavily on them. The conference rooms were working perfectly for us until this build. Why the change? When I first was testing out spark RC1, I noticed that the rooms DID work but said n/a next to occupants.

Yes, we are using an embedded database.

I cleared my spark logs and tried to access romms again and it reports the below. Looks like it could be hung up with just ONE room? Is this room causing all the rooms to NOT appear?

May 2, 2011 2:54:39 PM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: “downtown_tellers”

I have filed this for Openfire OF-456 and linked to Spark ticket. Btw, it looks like in 12314 something is wrong with shared groups (or privacy plugin again). Don’t tell me this is an Openfire issue again (:

SPARK-1310

pease try again in newest

i added a catch for that error

but the openfire bug still remains, nevertheless

In 12319 it now shows the rooms (with n/a in occupants column). Thanks for a workaround.

Issue with shared groups seems to be gone too, though i will check at home later. Now it shows a default privacy profile and it wasn’t showing it with 12314.

call me crazy, but what is “12319” referring to?

@wolf_p: are you referring to the newest spark build?

So completely uninstalled spark 26012285. deleted the corresponding folders, ran a registry cleaner, manually searched for and deleted spark references out of the registry and then installed the same version of spark but the one from today (here http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-284/artifact/Install4j).

The conference rooms DO appear now but with “n/a” in the occupants column - which is no big deal really. The new issue I’m experiencing is that not all my contacts are appearing in the roster (contact list). Before there use to be a small pause from the time spark was started to the time all the contacts appeared. But now, 3 contacts show immediately, and 1 by 1 the other contacts trickle in, very slowly- and not all of them end up showing.

Has anyone else seen this?

I was referring to a revision/build number. I have noticed this issue yesterday (SPARK-1310), though this didn’t happen today at my workplace after i have upgraded Spark. But it does happen at home. This is not related to rooms fix as it started with an earlier build. Gateways users are loading fast as always, but local users don’t. Usually you have to change local user’s presence to something else and it will appear immediately. I think this could be related to 12313 change in plugins loading. Privacy plugin is probably not loading correctly. Do you have such error in your log?

SEVERE: error setting default list on startup spark:blackList

Sorry no log. I reloaded my previous version of spark (spark_2_6_0_12252.exe from April 18) because the roster wouldn’t load. Unfortunately for me, I am testing MY spark install and I need it work properly, to some degree at least. I know, I’m not a good tester, in the best sense of the term.

I think it is safe for you to try this one http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-285/artifact/Install4j Wolf has fixed issue with contacts loading.