(BUG?) SPARK 2.60 accessing conference service

Hi,

I asked this in support forum (http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/212688#212688), and I asked plugin developer (http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/212685#212685)

Based on observed behavior - I do not think that it is a server or plugin issue.

Problem: when blocking ANY packet from multiple chat rooms (using regex matching) to a GROUP I encounter the following:

SPARK 2.60 attempts to connect to a blocked chat room 10 times, while another client (PIDGIN) just once.

here what the log show for SPARK:

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name) to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)1 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)2 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)3 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)4 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)5 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)6 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)7 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)8 to (my jid)/spark

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name)9 to (my jid)/spark

Then message “Unable to join room at this time: No response from server”

When using PIDGIN:

Rejecting packet from (blocked group@myconference)/(my display name) to (my jid)/(random string)

To make the matter worth, when I try to browse conference service with SPARK, log shows ten reject messages for every chat room matched (that just to display a list of rooms). PIDGIN just shows a list of chatrooms - no messages on the server.

**Update: **Each “tick” is exactly 10 seconds apart, so it is 100 seconds freeze when you click on blocked chat room. (in my case one rule can cover 30 chat rooms - that makes 3000 seconds of “frozen” SPARK when you select “Browse Service” from conferences tab )

Another side effect when using SPARK with abovementioned rule: if I click on chat room that is blocked (or try to browse for room list) SPARK become compeletely unresponcive untill “No response from server” pops up.

Sorry, but I am afraid that we can not track this report down due to a very special server situation that would require a major effort to rebuild.

Are you sure it is a server end issue?

PIDGIN works OK with same server. Or it a specific SPARK/server combination issue?