powered by Jive Software

Bug with chatroom logging


Perhaps there is a bug with Openfire’‘s chatroom logging. I’'m using 3.2.2 and when Meebo users

connect, their conversation is logged into the database as:


instead of their JID. Is this a known issue or do I have something wrong?

PS. I wish meebo would allow the setting of handles on connect, but I digress


Anybody have any thoughts on this? In the postgres database…

For meebo connects, I get the roomname as the ‘‘Sender’’ and JID as the ‘‘Nickname’’.

For Gaim connects, I get the JID as the ‘‘Sender’’ and my handle as the ‘‘Nickname’’.

I’'m still rolling with Openfire 3.2.2

Hi Daryl,

I did create JM-1011 to track this issue, maybe Gato needs some more information to analyze it.


Thanks LG,

Things seem to break-down whenever my handle is different from my actual JID.user no matter what the client.



I have the same issue with WIldfire 3.2.2 on Fedora Core 6 no matter what client they use, pandion, spark etc.

I’'ve reproduced the bug with Openfire 3.3.0 and I have updated Jira with the reproducer

Hey guys,

The problem is related to using upper case letters in the nickname. That problem was reported and fixed in JM-1037 so I’'m closing this issue as duplicated.


– Gato