Bug with GTalk Gateway?

Many of my customers use Google Apps. The main admin account for the various domains is monitored by my company in case someone uses that instead of our normal email or GTalk address. All of the companies are similar in setup:

I can register on of these to map to may login just fine and everything works as expected. But when I try to add the second company, it will overwrite the first. It’s as though I can only have one registration per user per service.

I don’t know if this is a bug or by design, but I though I would start here to find out. What I would like is to have multiple registrations for a single server map to a single user.

TIA

You can only have one account per transport (Gtalk, MSN, ICQ, etc.) with IM Gateway. That is by design.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why that is by deseign?

I’m not a developer. I think such design was chosen for simplicity, as most of the users only need one account per transport. Multiple accounts per transport would be much harder to achieve. Daniel (plugin’s author) can explain this better. I think there is a request filed in JIRA for multi accounts support.