First, thank you for testing.
I have compiled your patches (does the order of applying is important?). I see that now it doesnt allow to create a service with a space. Underscores are not allowed as well. Why?
The order doesn’t matter, they patch different files. The patch uses the JID class for validating, and yes, underscores are not allowed in domain names and therefore also not allowed in the name of XMPP components.
Your error log pushed me to have a look in the Database, for me it works, because I tried it so often, that the initial values are irrelevant. But I guess, your 2nd service was the first which you have created. So there is also a bug in initializing the database. I’ve wrote the initializeDB.patch to fix the relevant files for initializing the openfire database. But this means testing and fixing this bug is more complicated and doesn’t work yet for running systems.
For running systems you have to create a second groupchat service and delete them before the fix is working.
This wasn’t a good idea (it was late yesterday) and includes a risk to delete all your room and conference settings as well.
Please apply all three patches (If you have already applied the fist and second, just apply the last one), clean up your installation (delete the target folder and recompile) and keep on testing .
initializeDB.patch (3768 Bytes)