Build 12285 issues

Hi There

When starting build 12285 with debug enabled, I get a Login failure on our Openfire. Without Debug is fine.

I am also unable to make jingle calls between clients running 12285. would post a debug but see above . It seems to me that the client is attempting to Dial a SIP extension. No phone mapping exists on the server for the call recipient, and no SIP account is configured for the sender. No opeiont to make a pc to pc call is presented.

Could be an issue with the recipients vcard, I will investigate this.

09/05/2011 10:33:28 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

SEVERE:

undefined-condition(500) Unable to dial extention 6003: Channel ‘SIP/6000’ is not available

at org.jivesoftware.phone.client.PhoneClient.dialByJID(PhoneClient.java:164)

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.phone.PhonePlugin$6.run(PhonePlugin.java:330)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ah, the exception above was coming from an invalid asterisk IM plugin config.

Removing the config removes the call button, and I can no longer make any calls between clients running latest build. There is no call button in the chat.

Is this a discovery issue? perhaps the clients are unaware that the recipient can recieve jingle calls.

There is a ticket filed about the missing call button SPARK-1294

no idea how to test this, we dont have jingle enabled here

this could be related to anything…

Jingle and Softphone are part of the 2.6.0 package. What is needed on the server to get this up & running? I don’t get a phone button, If i connect against igniterealtime.org with 2.5.8. There is something else that needs to be configured or set on the server.

As far as i know nothing is needed on the server as this is a peer-to-peer calling. I have a fresh Openfire 3.7.0 installation (only Kraken plugin is installed) and 2.5.8 shows Computer to Computer call button.

I understand there is a discovery process where the clients become aware of whether the other client will accept a jingle call.

Could be an issue in discovery then?

For example, my Jitsi Clients also show the affected spark users as not being available for (jingle) calls

Yes. There is a discovery process and i don’t think the proble is with discovery. When i check my roster with 2.5.8 version, it shows dial button only for clients with 2.6.0 (e.g. it doesnt show such button if i open chat with Exodus client). So, 2.6.0 is advertising its capabilities, but rejecting attempts to create a connection (Spark 2.5.8 says connection was rejected).

Walter, try connecting to a server with 2 Spark clients, at least one of them should be 2.5.8.