Build wildfire

I build wildfire with eclipse follow the instructions that found in this url http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/entry.jspa?externalID=441&categoryID=17 using ant, but I don’'t knom how I can start the server, because when I execute the archive wildfire.sh (target/bin) I have the next error Wildfire 2.4.2

Error starting admin console: Multiple exceptions

Hi oosloss,

What sort of exceptions are you seeing in your error log(s)?

Thanks,

Ryan

hi,

do you have another wildfire server running on the same pc?

stop it and retry

regards

aster

Hi all,

I tryed to build wildfire and I became the same error notification after running the batch-file (“Error starting admin console: Multiple exceptions”).

It is a configuration problem based on the “error.log”. But I don’'t know where is the configuration problem.

Perhaps on the deploy.jar.dir property in build.properties ???

An extract from the error.log:

2006.03.30 13:35:48 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminC onsolePlugin.java:170)

] Trouble initializing admin console

org.mortbay.util.MultiException[javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Configuration problem]

feedbacks are welcome

Regards

Abdeltif

Hi,

I make some modifications in the code using Eclipse and ant for compile a run but i dont know how i can make the feasible for it can installer in another machine.

Sorry for my english

Thanks

Oscar.

Hi Oscar,

you should have a wildfire_src\target\lib directory which contains the new jar files.

You may install Wifi 2.5.1 on the other machine using the package provided by Jivesoftware and then overwrite the content of the lib directory with the jar files you did create.

LG

hey it2000 thanks,

I going to install wildfire in another machine follow your intructions

Thanks,

Oscar

but

Is not possible that i can build mi own package for dont have to overwrite the content of the lib directory when i install Wildfire??

Thanks,

Oscar Lopez

Hi Oscar,

I’‘m quite sure that the wildfire_src/target directory contains all needed files to run Wifi, but it contains also a lot of files which are not necessary to run Wifi. So if you plan to build an Wifi MSI or RPM installer you may do this but as one is installing a new Wifi server usually only one time on one server it makes in my opinion no sense. There’'s also the hard part to not change the wildfire.xml while updating.

Changing the jar files while Wifi is stopped is usually much faster and there is no other code**) which changes. (There are the plugins of course, you may also build them and copy them to the plugins folder.**)

LG