Building from the source

Can anybody give me some tips or point me in the right direction as to how to build the project from its source?

Thanks!

Well I got Apache Ant going, but it spits out lots of errors when trying to build.

The output can be seen here:

Pastebin.ca

I believe they are bugs, although I’'m not sure

They are not bugs, they are an attempt to compile it outside it’‘s proper environment. I don’‘t really have time to do a tutorial on how to build it though, it’'s not the most trivial thing in the world anymore. There is a little bit of information in at wiki.igniterealtime.org if you look for the IM Gateway Plugin page though. Just a general idea of what you have to do.

Alright I managed to build and compile everything.

I have it all setup, but only one small problem remains.

When i try to use the xml-rpc manager thing i get this error:

redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: The method cannot be found. Signature: java.lang.String java.lang.String java.lang.String java.lang.String java.lang.String

What does that mean?

Looks like you passed it the wrong number of options. =) Which method were you calling? addRegistration for example requires 6 args. (all of them require a password, matching what you set the plugin.gateway.xmlrpc.password password to)

You are amazing!

Thank you so much!!!

=D Thanks

Out of curiousity, what kind of thing are you using the XMLRPC interface for? (I’'m interested in how folk end up using it)

What kind of thing meaning?

It’‘s an app in flex basically…I can’'t release any more information

Ok =) No problem, I was just curious.