After restarting the server, the administrator console was no longer available

Hello!
Did as it is written and everything turned out. All set up, users are connected. BUT as soon as I restarted openfire (or I restarted the server) everything collapses. Again I can not connect to the management console, users can not connect.
What is the problem I can not find.

Hi! I did as the linuxman advised in this thread - performed “timedatectl set-timezone UTC”. Everything is perfectly established and earned. But after restarting the server, the administrator console was no longer available. Changed time in different ways, but nothing happens. Can someone help with the solution?

Are you using Ubuntu? What version exactly? How do you install and run Openfire? Can you make sure that Openfire process is running? Maybe check with ‘top’ is there java process up, also check with netstat -a if 9090, 9091 or 5222 ports are listening/established.

Debian 9.4
I am updating openfire from version 4.2.3 to version 4.3.2. Update failed. After the upgrade, the admin console did not load. I turned to the forum topic and decided The question is how I advised linuxman - before installing the package, I performed “timedatectl set-timezone UTC”. Everything is updated and earned.
Now I checked everything again. Immediately after the update, everything works, BUT for some reason, only port 9090 listens. And everything works. After the reboot, the admin console did not load… The Openfire process is running, there is a process in Java, but none of the required ports are listening. I begin work in this direction.

Anything related in /openfire/logs/all.log?

I have this in the log (sorry, I can’t upload it):

2019.03.21 07:46:12 INFO  [main]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer - Registering shutdown hook (standalone mode)
2019.03.21 07:46:13 ERROR [main]: org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager - Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: $
java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.WrongArgumentException: Malformed database URL, failed to par$
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:110) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:97) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:89) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:63) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:73) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:79) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionsMapping.translateException(SQLExceptionsMapping.java:131) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at com.mysql.cj.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:227) ~[mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar:8.0.12]
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) ~[?:1.8.0_171]
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) ~[?:1.8.0_171]
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.DriverManagerConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverManagerConnectionFactory.java:90) ~[commons-dbcp2-2.5.0.jar:2.5.0]
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:291) ~[commons-dbcp2-2.5.0.jar:2.5.0]
        at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.create(GenericObjectPool.java:883) ~[commons-pool2-2.6.0.jar:2.6.0]
        at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:436) ~[commons-pool2-2.6.0.jar:2.6.0]
        at org.apache.commons.pool2.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:365) ~[commons-pool2-2.6.0.jar:2.6.0]
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp2.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:134) ~[commons-dbcp2-2.5.0.jar:2.5.0]
        at org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider.getConnection(DefaultConnectionProvider.java:91) ~[xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:602) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.ensureConnectionProvider(DbConnectionManager.java:99) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager.java:121) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:438) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:90) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:66) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getProperty(JiveGlobals.java:556) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.util.cache.CacheFactory.<clinit>(CacheFactory.java:88) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initialize(XMPPServer.java:394) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:640) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.<init>(XMPPServer.java:236) [xmppserver-4.3.2.jar:4.3.2]
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_171]
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_171]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) [?:1.8.0_171]
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) [?:1.8.0_171]
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) [?:1.8.0_171]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:92) [startup.jar:4.3.2]
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:56) [startup.jar:4.3.2]
Caused by: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.UnableToConnectException: Cannot load connection class because of underlying exception: com.mys

Sadly, the last few letters are not included in your copy of the log, but still, this part is a strong indication of the problem:

It appears that the configuration of the database (that you provide during the setup) is incorrect. This URL is also saved in openfire.xml. Can you show a copy of that, please?

I have this configuration before the upgrade:

<connectionProvider>
    <className>org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider</className>
  </connectionProvider>
  <database>
    <defaultProvider>
      <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
      <serverURL>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openfire?useUnicode=true&amp;amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8&amp;amp;characterSetResults=UTF-8</serverURL>
      <username encrypted="true">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</username>
      <password encrypted="true">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</password>
      <testSQL>select 1</testSQL>
      <testBeforeUse>false</testBeforeUse>
      <testAfterUse>false</testAfterUse>
      <minConnections>5</minConnections>
      <maxConnections>25</maxConnections>
      <connectionTimeout>1.0</connectionTimeout>
    </defaultProvider>
  </database>
  <!-- sasl configuration -->
  <setup>true</setup>
</jive>

And I have this configuration after the upgrade:

<connectionProvider>
    <className>org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider</className>
  </connectionProvider>
  <database>
    <defaultProvider>
      <driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver>
      <serverURL>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openfire?useUnicode=true&amp;amp;characterEncoding=UTF-8&amp;amp;characterSetResults=UTF-8</serverURL>
      <username encrypted="true">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</username>
      <password encrypted="true">xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</password>
      <testSQL>select 1</testSQL>
      <testBeforeUse>false</testBeforeUse>
      <testAfterUse>false</testAfterUse>
      <minConnections>5</minConnections>
      <maxConnections>25</maxConnections>
      <connectionTimeout>1.0</connectionTimeout>
      <testTimeout>500</testTimeout>
      <timeBetweenEvictionRuns>30000</timeBetweenEvictionRuns>
      <minIdleTime>900000</minIdleTime>
      <maxWaitTime>500</maxWaitTime>
    </defaultProvider>
  </database>
  <!-- sasl configuration -->
  <setup>true</setup>
  <fqdn>aaaaa.aaaaaaa.local</fqdn>
</jive>

instead of &amp;amp; change it to &amp in the connection string
this is a bug https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/OF-1682

Cool! That helped! Thank You! It all worked!