Can everybody see everybody automatically - even new users?

I’ve been searching for this here and in the documentation for a while and can’t find the answer. My apologies if this is a silly newbie question with an obvious answer.

I’m trying to set up a very permissive XMPP network on an internal network with Openfire. The characteristics would be:

1. Anybody can sign in at any time with any name (done, with registration and login settings)

2. Anybody who logs in can see everybody else and everybody else can see them (even if they’ve never logged in before and are not part of a group - this is what is giving me a problem)

For the second thing, I set up a group, lets call it EverybodyGroup and enabled group sharing with all users. This is great and everybody that creates a new account can see all of the members of EverybodyGroup, but I can’t figure out how to add this brand new user automatically to EverybodyGroup as well, so that everybody can see them, also. Like I said, the goal is to have everybody see everybody else not matter what, including any new users. If this can be done without groups that would be just fine, too.

Is this possible?

I’m using a custom web-based client exclusively on this network and I could use a JSP or something else to stuff the name into an LDAP group (that Openfire is pointing to) just before logging in, but I’d rather not use such a hack if I didn’t have to. Ideally this setup would just be something lightweight and simple, where the server would just accept everybody and leave it up to the client end of things to keep everybody straight.

Thanks for any help!

Also, thanks to the Openfire and XIFF teams for making such great products!

Darn, I’d been searching for a while and then after I post this I find a thread that might have my answer.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/135484#135484

It looks like this registration plugin could have what I need. I’m going to check this out.

And for your web-based client, perhaps you also want to look at the User Service plugin.

Ooh, nice. That looks like it will be useful, too.

Thanks, aznidin.