Can I search user like this?

Now, I input a user name and click “search”, the search service will execute on my domain.

If I set s2s corrently. Domain A has a user named “userA” and Domain B has a user named “userA”. Then, I input “userA” and click “search”, can I get two users: userA@A and userA@B ?

If I need the result above, what shall I do?

Hi,

I’‘m not sure that this is an server issue, currently one can add search services to it’‘s client and use as far as I know only one of it for each search request. It should be very easy to use all available search services to search for users, maybe there are clients which does this already. I didn’'t test this with Spark.

LG

If I know there are only two servers -

server A and server B, I can do the search job in client.

But in a Jabber Network, I want to search “userA” in every server. Can the client do this? I think this should be surport by the server.

How can I find every server in the Jabber Network?

Hi hopeshared,

But in a Jabber Network, I want to search “userA” in

every server. Can the client do this? I think this

should be surport by the server.

I could see where it would be nice if there was some sort of universal user directory but unfortunately I’'m not sure how practical one would be. There are tens of thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of servers out there with millions of users. If I did a search for “bob” on my myserver.com, which was connected to and did a search on yourserver.com and otherserver.org, which was connected to thisserver.net and thatserver.com, which… anyway, you could end up waiting a long time for your search results which when/if returned, would be so large as to unusable.

How can I find every server in the Jabber Network?

I don’'t believe there is a way to find every server. However, a good place to start would be here, http://www.xmpp.net/.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks very much!