Can no longer access admin console

The installtion is Openfire 3.6.4 on Windows 2003 SBS using the embeded DB. The install was working fine and all was well with the admin console.

An unrelated software upgrade required that SQL 2005 Express be installed along with some .NET framework stuff. I’m not sure if this was the cause but around that same period of time I am no longer able to login via the admin console. I’ve reinstalled Openfire, renamed the old dir and installed to a new to no avail. Clients can still connect and chat.

This is the error when trying to login via http:

.NET System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Tcp channel protocol violation: expecting preamble.
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadAndMatchPreamble()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpSocketHandler.ReadVersionAndOperation(U Int16& operation)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerSocketHandler.ReadHeaders()
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerTransportSink.ServiceRequest(Obje ct state)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketHandler.ProcessRequestNow()

Uninstalling the other updates isn’t an option since they are required for our new application.

Thanks,

Jacob

What error message do you get while trying to login in your browser? Does it load the login page at all? What browser do you use?

the updates should not affect openfire. It uses its own web server. If the clients can login my guess is something is interfering with access to the web admin port 9090 or 9091. stop openfire and see if the port is still in use. if so you may have to change the ports openfire admin site runs on.

It appears to be a port issue. I changed it to 9092 and it opens fine. Thanks for the suggestion and the fix! Now I just wonder what is taking up 9090??

Thanks,

Jacob