Can not connect to database

Hi I’m trying to setup a DB connection to Oracle Express

Edition. I’m using RHEL 4 and already create the jive user

an load onto the OracleXE DB all the jive schema. Now I’m

finishing the openfire setup but got the following error:

"2008.02.19

08:51:21

org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager. java:95)

WARNING: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a

connection."

I’ve already installed the recommended jar on the recommended location.

Thanks in advanced.

Hey Max,

Could you post the entire stack trace of the errors in the error.log file? There we will find the root connectivity problem.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thanks a lot Gato!

Sure here is the log:

Max.

if you talking about openfire 3.4.5 and Oracle DB, try to look to this post http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/164935#164935

Hey Max,

The Network Adapter exception is caused because:

1. The database host name or port number is wrong.

2. The database TNSListener has not been started. The TNSListener may be started with the lsnrctl utility. For instance, lsnrctl start

3. May be some firewall is blocking the communication. Try a telnet to the host name and port and see if you can connect

Regards,

– Gato

Gato, thanks for your reply.

Now regarding to your questions…

1. The database host name or port number is wrong.

I double check it. The port and the hostname are ok.

1. The database TNSListener has not been started. The TNSListener may be started with the lsnrctl utility. For instance, lsnrctl start

Sure, i make that mistake at first, but at the time I post the error I have already tried a few times with the listener started.

1. May be some firewall is blocking the communication. Try a telnet to the host name and port and see if you can connect

The DB is locally installed. I tried using the host name, ip address and “localhost”. Same outcome.

I even try to change the openfire.xml but it seems that every time I try to continue with the installation this file is changed, so no matter what I do, it always remains with the same parameters.

I’m stuck at the Database settings on the openfire setup (this is my first install).

Regards,

Max.

Still cann’t make it work.

The post talked about mofying the openfire xml and some other issues with Oracle DB.

I changed the openfire xml, but as I’m still on the setup although changed, it is reloaded from the setup, and as for Oracle I’m not getting the message that it is waiting for the From keyword.

Any other hints would very appreciated.

Regards.

Max.

Decided to install openfire on HSQL Database.

Couldn’t make it work on Oracle XE.

Max.