Can not use Vietnamese font on Openfire 3.10.3 and Spark 2.7.4

Hi, all

I am a beginner on using Spark chat. I am from Vietnam.

I am deploying Chat system using Open fire 3.10.3, Spark 2.7.4 and XAMPP (MySQL server).

My system is working normally when users chatting online. The problem is when they send offline messages, the receiver can not read these messages because of missing Vietnamese font.

I think the problem is when sender send offline message, these massage will be stored on Database (MySQL). The Database configurations has changed these offline messages but I do not know how to fix it.

Please, help me to fix this issue

Thank you very much

Please, do not post same question in multiple places. Also, this is not a Spark issue, so moving this into Openfire Support forum. Most probably your database is not set into unicode mode and therefore your messages are not saved correctly in the database.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your support

I fixed it. The issue is not Spark, the problem is MySQL does not have proper Unicode support. I have to add this value (?useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8&characterSetResults=UTF-8) to openfire.xml file.

This is solution to fix it

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25358854/openfire-offline-utf-8-encoded-messa ges-are-saved-wrong

Enjoy.