Can we install the admin interface and plugin web server on a separate server?

Can we install the admin interface and plugin web server on a separate server? I have a plugin which is basically providing a webservice and will be under heavy load. I would like to offload it to another server.

Thanks

-varworld

I do not believe you would have to do this. I have my server running on a machine that has 3 very intesive web applications active on it (WSUS servicing 10 other WSUS and 200 clients, WebHelpDesk, and Openfire). Gave each application their own NIC.

This is for a high volume setup where the users will be in the multiple of thousands.

-varworld

even by offloading the plugin (which i do not think is possible without rewriting the jetty server) you load on the server should not really change. All the traffic from the plugin would go to the same place regardless. The admin interface is just a minor service that does not even register on my processor or NIC utilization even when being accessed. The plugin should communicate directly with the server so should not route off the NIC. Your true point of failure would be saturation of bandwidth due to the shear number of users.

Is the plugin you are developing an Openfire server plugin or standalone the runs on a different web server? If it is standalone just move it, but that will not change the traffic issues you may incur from the numbers of users you are predicting. you may need clusterd servers or connection managers to even deal with those numbers.