Cannot connect smack 3.2.1 to ejabberd 2.1.8

Hi,

I am seriously stucked trying to connect to my local ejabberd server

So this is my scenario, I am using scala lift to connect to the ejabberd using smack

I am able to connect to the openfire server just fine.

But whenever i tried to connect to ejabberd server it gives me this error msg:

org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.bindResourceAndEstablishSession(SASLA uthentication.java:430)

org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 331)

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:395)

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:349)

I already tried to use username with and without the @

Also tried this SASLAuthentication.supportSASLMechanism(“PLAIN”, 0) before connect

But still the same thing.

And here is the log from the ejabberd server:

=INFO REPORT==== 2011-09-13 15:49:19 ===

I(<0.365.0>:ejabberd_listener:281) : (#Port<0.2562>) Accepted connection {{192,168,1,4},60452} -> {{192,168,1,10},5222}

Any suggestions why this might happened?

Thanks

You are a victim of http://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SMACK-324

Please check the Smack alpha published http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2011/09/02/smack-322-beta-fixes -ibb-transfer

This should solve your issue, since we have included a patch for jabberd in this version. Any confirmation is helpful.

Hi,

Actually I had the issue with the openfire as well, but yeah this patch fixes the issue.

But it is still not working whenever I tried to connect to ejabberd server.

It still shows error

org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.bindResourceAndEstablishSession(SASLA uthentication.java:430)

org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 331)

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:395)

org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:349)

you mentioned before that this solve the issue for jabberd, is there any possibility that for ejabberd this is still an issue?

Thanks