Cannot create new instance of MultiUserChat

I am trying to create a new multi user chat session via the methods outlined in the docs but I am getting an error that says that new MultiUserChat(mConnection,“newRoom”, manager); is not public and cannot be accessed outside of its package.

MultiUserChat muc = new MultiUserChat(mConnection,“newRoom”, manager);

muc.createOrJoin( “USER1” );

Log.e( TAG, “HERE GROUP IS MADE 3” );

muc.grantAdmin( getUserJID( user.getUserPin() ) );

muc.join( user.getNickname() );

muc.grantMembership( users );

Since beta1, how should I go about creating, joining and adding users to a multi user chat.

MultiUserChatManager.getMultiUserChat(String).

Thanks for the speedy reply @Flow, does the String in this case stand for the name of the group? and also do I still need to use the muc.create(String) method? If possible can you point me to an example that I may follow as the docs all have it outlined in the old fashion. Thanks again

If you are using an alpha, beta version, then you need to also use the latest docs from the source repo: Smack/muc.md at master · igniterealtime/Smack · GitHub

muc.sendConfigurationForm(new Form(Form.TYPE_SUBMIT));

For this line the Form.TYPE_SUBMIT is not recognised, is there something else I need to import or am I missing something?

It seems that ‘Form’ does not contain the enum TYPE_SUBMIT, is there a work around for this?

See updated documentation or s/Form.TYPE_SUBMIT/DataForm.Type.submit/

There we go, a step in the right direction. Much appreciated I would not have thought to look in that direction.