powered by Jive Software

Cannot get ldap configuration to work after updating to 3.9.3

Originally I did an update to 3.9.2 and my spark failed to connect, I went back to 3.9.1 and my ldap configuration I was using didnt work.

Now I’ve uninstalled all traces of Openfire and restarted my server, installed 3.9.3 and having the same issue.

Anyone else having the same problem?

You hqven’t removed the database though. And the encrypted system properties are stored in there. Check this thread and comment or remove two lines with ldap in the security.xml (https://community.igniterealtime.org/message/238892#238892 10. message)

Hmm… I tried that but it still can’t connect to my ldap databse. It tells me no username was provider or the specified username was not found.

I’ve done this setup several times before and know the values that are required.

Any suggestions?

Maybe you can try rerunning the Openfire setup and check if tests complete on LDAP page.

That didn’t work either, pressing test settings doesn’t do anything.

Here is what I’m using for my ldap configuration.

domain- example.local

Admin Console Port:
Secure Admin Console Port:

Embedded database

LDAP Server

Host- server.example.local port 9090

Base DN- Since I have a small business server it would be OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=northern,DC=local

Administrative DN

CN=my name,OU=SBSUsers,OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=Domain,DC=local

Password- my administrator password.

Well, my LDAP knowledge ends here. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

for testing, make the base dn the root of your domain

for your ldap lookup user account/admin dn try the following format username@domain.local

also, its possible the “test” button doesn’t work like in 3.9.1…so try going through the whole setup. If you’re able to add an openfilre administrator user from ldap, then you should be good to go.

That didnt work either, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I’ve done this several times before and it worked.

hm…