Can''t add contacts

Hi All,

I’‘m having an issue with not being able to add contacts using Exodus (v0.9.0.0) or JBother 0.8.3 and Messenger 2.0.1. The following exception is reported in the Admin console (restarting the server didn’'t seem to fix the problem):

2004.12.07 12:17:47 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java:98)] Internal server error
org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserAlreadyExistsException: first.last@wmdjab.gov.dnvr
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.DbRosterItemProvider.createItem(DbRosterItemProvider.java:74)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.spi.CachedRosterImpl.provideRosterItem(CachedRosterImpl.java:122)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.BasicRoster.createRosterItem(BasicRoster.java:116)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler.java:192)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java:90)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:53)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.handle(IQRouterImpl.java:123)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.IQRouterImpl.route(IQRouterImpl.java:56)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:73)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.java:217)
at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:101)

Since I’‘m having this problem with two different clients I’‘m inclinded to believe it’'s a configuration issue. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ryan

Message was edited by:

ryang

Turns out this was problem with a conversion program I had written to import our users and their contacts from our old IM system into Messenger. Long story short, I hadn’'t updated the roster index in the jiveid table, so when Messenger was trying to insert a new contact into the jiveroster table the rosterid it was trying to use was already present.