Can''t authorize buddies

I’'m using Jive Messenger 2.2.2 on Windows XP and GAIM 1.5. I can connect fine, but when I add buddies (and they add me or each other) they appear in the list as Not Authorized and no authorization dialog ever appears. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Hi Laura,

When you’'re adding buddies are you using their full JID, i.e. @[mycompany]?

Thanks,

Ryan

I’'m running into this same problem. My question is at thread:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=15997&tstart=0

Ryan - If you answer, we might be able to merge these two threads.

Mark

That worked, thanks! I was just using the buddy name. Thanks again!

That worked, thanks! I was just using the buddy

name. Thanks again!

Good to hear! Be sure to mark the question as answered and award any points as you see fit.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi, I want my server to function in the lan only, so my server domain is 192.168.1.68. And we cannot authorize each other. In the admin window I can see all users as online but cannot authorize each other. we are adding contacts as: nick@192.168.1.68

¿ do you have any suggestion ? we are using a mix of clients: PSI and Miranda.

thanks

strange, this should work, only in Miranda you have two separate fileds (Nickname and Server). Try giving more datails about you LAN configuration. Mybe you should start a new thread.

There is a problem with your naming convention. I beat my head against my server for two days before I figured it out. It doesn’‘t matter how you input the names, it matters how the server sees your accounts. So for instance, even if you add all of your users as user@192.169.1.68, and your server is seeing your users as user@foobar, then it won’‘t allow you authorize. Furthermore, if you input all of your users as user@foobar.mydomain.com, but it’‘s still just seeing them as user@foobar, then once again, it won’‘t let you authorize the users. This is the same problem I ran into with my initial install. Another problem that caused this is that I wasn’'t properly authenticating against my LDAP. Since it was my first build, I assumed you had to register your users, but what I had done is I was registering new users in the embedded database and due to typos in my jive-messenger.xml file, I was not authenticating against LDAP at all.

Mark

So for instance, even if you add all of your users

as user@192.169.1.68, and your server is seeing

your users as user@foobar, then it won’'t allow you

authorize.

i’‘m not using LDAP. My server’‘s name is “jiveserver”. That’‘s how it’‘s written in its config (linux box). But all client Windows machines have no entry about its name. So i’‘m adding users as user@192.168.12.41, but in Session summary i see user@jiveserver/resource. So it doesnt matter how you enter second part of users. On my Windows machine i have put jiveserver to hosts file, so i’‘m connecting using myuser@jiveserver combination. Everything is working fine. Maybe that’‘s because i’'m using Shared groups.