Can''t connect S2S Server to Server

Hi smart guys.

How can I test if server1 @domain1 can connect to server2 @domain2 by tcp port 5269? These servers are located on different network with only tcp port 5269 oppened. I’‘ve tried from server1 telnet server2 5269 but the cmd prompt window doesn’'t response anything. Do I need to open another tcp port? My debug log says:

2006.04.25 16:58:21 Error sending packet to remote server:

java.lang.Exception: Failed to create connection to remote server

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.createSessionAndSendPac ket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:139)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise.access$300(OutgoingSess ionPromise.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$1$1.run(OutgoingSession Promise.java:91)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Got any hints? thanks for your time.

Pete

Hi Pedro,

user@server1$ telnet server2 5269[/b]

should create a telnet connection. If you enter

[/b]

you should get an xml error message, if you telnet to another port you will get a connection rejected message if there is a firewall. So getting nothing sounds fine to me.

server2[/b] should match what you see as Domain Name(s): on /index.jsp (web console of server2).

So look in the error looks, and there for the first error. If you can enable the debug log, shutdown both servers, delete all log files and then start both server you should see clear and empty log files. The first user which tries an action which requires s2s should cause an error - /server-session-summary.jsp should stay empty if this is the case.

LG