Can't connect to Yahoo today (June 9)?

I’m trying to figure out why Yahoo connections are failing but I’m not sure where to look to track down the culprit. It fails from the client as well as from the server “test connection”, but I can connect using Adium (which uses the same server, I believe).

Is anyone else seeing this, and any tips on how to figure out if it’s something on my end, the plugin itself, or Yahoo!?

It’s the same for me. Yesterday Yahoo transport/gateway stopped to work. On the admin console, under Yahoo gateway option the “test connection” was failing with the default host “scs.msg.yahoo.com”. So I changed the host to “scsa.msg.yahoo.com” and connection was OK but clients were still failing the logon to Yahoo. This morning I set host back to the original “scs.msg.yahoo.com”, connection test is now OK as usual but clients cannot login anyway to yahoo network.

I think on Yahoo network something is changed… but don’t know what. They have Yahoo Messenger 8.1 that now ask you if you are behind a firewall (my openfire is in DMZ) in order to set the client to connect using port HTTP (like MSN).

I’ve also seen you can put the conenction port to “80” rahter than “5050” and conenction is OK.

Davide

Le 10-06-08 à 04:07, orthofix a écrit :

I think on Yahoo network something is changed… but don’t know what.

They have Yahoo Messenger 8.1 that now ask you if you are behind a

firewall (my openfire is in DMZ) in order to set the client to

connect using port HTTP (like MSN).

I’ve also seen you can put the conenction port to “80” rahter than

“5050” and conenction is OK.

I tried port 80 and that failed, but switching back to port 5050 and

using scsa.msg.yahoo.com seems to have fixed the problem - clients are

connecting as well. Thanks!

Is there a list somewhere of all of the Y! IM servers?

Neil

Lucky Man!

I’m not able to have yahoo accounts logged in even if I’m using scsa.msg.yahoo.com on port 5050. What did you do to have it working fine with " msca"? Did you restart the server after the change to the host address?

Davide

I am having what appears to be a similar problem. I tried the suggestions listed in the thread…The one difference is the “test” to yahoo always works however I clients are not able to connect to yahoo. I have trillian it it is working fine to the exact same yahoo gateway used by openfire.

Are there additional steps after you change the gateway address and/or port from 5050?

I’ve verified my credentials on the yahoo site and using trillian, the tests work but still no client connections using either SPARK or PSI.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guys, any luck? I still have the problem with Yahoo. News from you? Thanks. Davide

I’ve been connecting to Yahoo just fine this entire time with default settings. =/

I’m now finally able to connect again my Spark users to Yahoo networks. What was the mess? The username format: I was used (and it worked perfectly until June, 9th) to type the extended username in the transport registration field including the @yahoo.com suffix, i.e. myname@yahoo.com . Instead I now discovered I have to use only the short format without @yahoo.com suffix. Long formats username seem to don’t work anymore.

Davide

My users can connect as well. The issue I had didn’t have anything to do with OpenFire…It had to do with a network config parameter that was preventing yahoo packets from getting back to my server (long story). Thanks for lending a sympathetic ear!

I don’t think this is fixed. Still having problems here. can login fine with other apps, but the gateway just errors out. Any other ideas?

From your OpenFire server do the tests come back ok to yahoo or does that also fail?

The test is successful from the server.