Some strange problem with my home test server. I have upgraded it to 3.0.0 from 3.0.0beta some time ago and it was working fine. Today i have started it via launcher and tried to connect with Exodus, Psi, neos, Spark. Only Spark have succeded. Others are staying in “Connected. Authenticating…” stage.
In error.log there are:
2006.07.04 23:58:28 [org.jivesoftware.database.ConnectionPool.(ConnectionPool.java:108)
] Failed to create new connections on startup. Attempt 0 of 3
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@c798e4a6[file =C:\Program Files\Wildfire\embedded-db\wildfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: checkHeartbeat(): lock file is presumably locked by another process.
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
A new db upgrade was added between Wildfire 3.0.0 beta and Wildfire 3.0.0 final release. So make sure that when you upgraded your installation the resources\database\upgrade\10 folder was also copied to your installation.
BTW, are you using the experimental non-blocking feature? I think that the Unexpected packet tag (not message,iq,presence) problem may be related to that experimental feature. Clients are getting disconnected because of this error.
I dont quite remember, but i think there was no 10 folder in there. But i will check this when i’'ll be at home today.
Hm, have missunderstood a little and added xmpp.socket.blocking false. So i have enabled it. Ok, will try to remove that property. Though it was working with that turned on just after server upgrade. Maybe it got broken after server restart.
So, the big question is that i was planning to upgrade my production server today Ok, i’'m making full backups of installation folder everytime, but i want to get out of job earlier today
So that was it. Experimental non-blocking feature was causing problems. Disabled it and now everything is working fine. And production server is on 3.0.0 already.