Cant create new address /JID with pandion 211/212 on wildfire server 2.04

I am using wildfire 2.4.0 (microsoft 2003 server) and pandion 2.1.2. (windows xp pro).

I cant create a new address/JID on wildfire 240 server with pandion 2.12 beta .

I tryied to create a address/JID with jivemessenger 2.2 and I don’'t have this problem.

If you have an idea please tell me.

thx.

I have this message with pandion.

The wildfire serveur has the option that shoul autorize pandion to create a user.

EVNT: Connecting to adm-com

SENT:

EVNT: Disconnected

And I have this message on wildfire

2005.12.28 14:22:15 SaslException

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: rrrr

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:187)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :312)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:269)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:118)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: rrrr

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.XMPPCallbackHandler.handle(XMPPCallbackHandler.ja va:69)

… 7 more

I have to add to my comments that I can create new address /JID with sparkle on wildfire server 2.04. (but we are using pandion for the moment)

I assume you mean Pandion 2.1.1? I can confirm that Pandion 2.1.1 is not able to create new accounts with Wildfire. Looking at the traffic Pandion is sending I think it’'s pretty clearly a Pandion bug. For some reason, they try to authenticate before creating a new account:

RECV: [/pre]

It’‘s pretty obvious they’‘re not expecting to get disconnected since they still send the iq:register request after the stream disconnect. My guess is that recent Pandion testing has been done with a server that doesn’‘t disconnect on SASL auth errors. However, that doesn’'t appear to conform to the XMPP specs. From section 6.5 of RFC 3920:

Step 9 (alt): Server informs client of failed authentication:

[/pre]

Would you be willing to report this as a bug to the Pandion developers?

Regards,

Matt

thank you for your answer.

Hi Matt,

That’‘s not a bug, it’'s a feature!

Pandion checks if the account already exists before registering it. For instance if the user, mistakenly, tries to re-create his own account it would otherwise show an error that the account cannot be registered. Pandion will figure this out and proceed without registering the account again.

From rfc3920 section 6.2:

“If the failure case occurs, the receiving entity SHOULD allow a configurable but reasonable number of retries (at least 2), after which it MUST terminate the TCP connection; this enables the initiating entity (e.g., an end-user client) to tolerate incorrectly-provided credentials (e.g., a mistyped password) without being forced to reconnect.”

Every server implementation so far implemented this and I thought Jive Messenger was no exception. Did you change this in Wildfire?

PS: The fact you’‘re seeing the jabber:iq:register packet in the Pandion log after the “Disconnect” event is just a timing issue in the logging system. It’'s actually being sent before the </stream:stream> packet is handled by Pandion.

Pandion correctly handles the </stream:stream> packet by disconnecting and informing the user that an account cannot be created.

Regards

ok cbas. I mark the question as unanswered. Thank your for helping wildfire & pandion users.

This is the option in my Wildfire admin console, I have assigned to 4, but I’'m still having the same log in error.

Asignar número de intentos - Especifica el número de intentos de conexión permitidos antes de que la conexión existente sea cortada. Se debe especificar un número mayor que uno.

What’‘s up???’’

Pls Help me.

cbas,

Thanks for the correction! This does look like a bug in Wildfire after all – Wildfire should let authentication be tried again before closing the stream. I’‘ve filed this as JM-499 and we’'ll get it fixed ASAP.

-Matt

thank you matt :

please let us know when the new version will be ready.

thank you cbas

I have same problem with Pandion 2.5 and WildFire 2.5.0. I can’'t register new user with Pandion

got this in error log:

2006.02.19 22:44:26 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager$ComponentSessionListener.onConnectionCl ose (SessionManager.java:1328) Could not close socket

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2

at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager$ComponentSessionListener.onConnectionC lose( SessionManager.java:1323)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.notifyCloseListeners(SocketConne ction .java:516)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection.close(SocketConnection.java:360)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager.stop(SessionManager.java:1479)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.shutdownServer(XMPPServer.java:767)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.access$600(XMPPServer.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer$ShutdownHookThread.run(XMPPServer.java:726 )

2006.02.19 22:45:35 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:302) Could not route packet

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.process(InternalCo mpone ntManager.java:314)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:212)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:394)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:262)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

no help?

Hey Denis,

Thanks for the bug report. In the next nightly build you will find a fix for this problem. To update your installation just copy the new lib/wildfire.jar file over the existing one.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thank You! Now it’'s working!