Can''t create new user

Hi,

I have a php website so i try to register in the wildfire database (jiveuser and jivegroupuser tables) from my php files:

$requete = “INSERT INTO jiveuser (username,password,email) VALUES (’’$pseudo’’,’’$password’’,’’$email’’);”;

$this->ubquery($requete);

if($id_sexe==1) {

$group = “Hommes”;

} elseif($id_sexe==2) {

$group = “Femmes”;

}

$requete = “INSERT INTO jivegroupuser (groupName,username) VALUES (’’$group’’,’’$pseudo’’);”;

$this->ubquery($requete);

But my new users don’‘t appears in the user list interface and i can’'t connect from Jeti client.

I don’'t understand how it works!

Can you help me please?

More:

Why interface can’'t allow to associate users and groups???

Best regards

David

Someone told me that i have to restart wildfire after each new created user from external applications.

Is it true?

Hi,

Wildfire caches some information which is stored in the database. I’‘m not aware of any method to purge this cache, so you’'ll likely wait one hour or longer before Wildfire sees these changes.

LG

Hi All,

Actually, by default the cache is set to refresh every six hours, but you can effectively disable user caching by creating a “cache.userCache.size” property via the Admin Console and setting its value to 0 (zero). Be warned however, that this could greatly affect the performance of Wildfire and increase the load on your database.

If you want to change the time between cache refreshes (which would probably be a better approach) you can set the maxLifetime variable in the CacheManager to a lower value, however in order to do so you’'ll have to recompile Wildfire.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

may I request a new feature?

Add a method like cullCache() / deleteExpiredEntries() called purgeCache() which purges all caches. A Purge button within the server-db.jsp page should do it, one could use curl, nc or a short php program to call the purge web page.

LG

Hi LG,

may I request a new feature?

Of course.

Add a method like cullCache() / deleteExpiredEntries() called purgeCache() which

purges all caches. A Purge button within the server-db.jsp page should do it, one

could use curl, nc or a short php program to call the purge web page.

Sounds like a reasonable request so I created an issue JM-551 for it. I think the amount of code to change would be fairly minor and would probably be of help to a number of people.

Just in case anyone is curious, as Wildfire stands today it is possible to write a plugin that can clear a given cache, in this case the user cache, as needed by doing the following:

CacheManager.getCache(“cache.userCache.size”).clear();

/code

Hope that helps,

Ryan