Can't get openfire to start its console

Running on OpenSUSE LEAP 15.
Get

2017.06.11 15:02:29 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor - An exception occurred while trying to extract plugin ‘ofmeet’:
java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:219)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(ZipFile.java:149)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:166)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(JarFile.java:130)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask.unzipPlugin(PluginMonitor.java:347)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginMonitor$MonitorTask.run(PluginMonitor.java:184)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

ofmeet.jar is in the plugins directory.
I also had to change the default admin port in openfire.xml, but it does not answer on any replacement port.
I also get:

2017.06.11 14:31:15 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession[Authenticate local domain: ‘jarfx.dyndns.org’ to remote domain: ‘proxy.eu.jabber.org’] - Unable to authenticate: Fail to create new session.
2017.06.11 14:35:08 org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.LegacyConnectionAcceptor - Configuration allows for up to 16 threads, although implementation is limited to exactly one.
2017.06.11 14:35:10 org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketUtil - Unable to create a socket connection to XMPP domain ‘proxy.eu.jabber.org’ using remote host: proxy.eu.jabber.org:5269. Cause: proxy.eu.jabber.org (a full stacktrace is logged on debug level)
2017.06.11 14:35:10 org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SocketUtil - Unable to create a socket connection to XMPP domain ‘proxy.eu.jabber.org’: Unable to connect to any of its remote hosts.

Nothing seems to be listening on the two admin ports as verified by
netstat -ntlp | grep LISTEN
So, apparently the server did not start properly.

It did start if I ran

./openfire start

in the /etc/init.d directory, but not if I ran

systemctl start openfire
Why?
But setup failed with:
HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:905)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:834)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:505)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)…