Can't get openfire to work with IM gateways

openfire works ok with google and internal messages but i can’t get it to work with msn or yahoo advice will be greatfull

i installed kraken with no success

i keep getting the following error

2011.01.13 16:42:18 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)
] Error trying to connect to remote server: hotmail.com(DNS lookup: hotmail.com:5269)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

help 3 days looking at this

For msnhost is messenger.hotmail.com and port 1863, you can change this in the settings.

Kraken plugin supports 3.6.4 version of Openfire, no support for 3.7.0 Beta so far.

i’m using 3.6.4 with kraken 1.1.2

the error is server to server. i understood that they use port 5269 google works ok on that port why do the other gateways don’t

when i test the connection its ok on 1863 but when i send a message from my.domain to hotmail.com domain it fails

Google uses xmpp and has federation policy (their servers are open for s2s), so it is not surprising that this works. You can’t have s2s connection directly between your server and MSN or other legacy network (at least i havent heard that they have opened their networks). Gateway is enabling your users to register to their MSN account and get MSN contacts and send messages, but you can’t send messages from your xmpp account directly to msn contacts.