Cant log in to openfire 3.6.4

I created a dabase in mysql named openfire and installed openfire 3.6.4. Then i go to admin console where i went through the web based setup process. There at database setup i gave username: root and password: admin . Then next it tells me to give a new password for administrator account and confirm the password. And i gave “admin” as password . Then next it tells me to login in admin console. And i tried to login with

username : admin

password: admin

username : root

password: admin

both tries are failed and it shows error message : " Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator. " .

I dont know what is the administrator accounts user name. Because it never told me to make an administrator account!!! And if the password “admin” is my administrator password!!! Mysql administrator username : root and password: admin.

I m totally confused and dont know what to do. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated . Thank you.

I suggest to read all announcements above the forums.

Openfire 3.6.4 has a bug, which prevents user to login to Admin Console on the last step of the setup. You have to restart Openfire after the installation (stop and then start it again). Only then it will be possible to login to Admin Console. This bug should be fixed in 3.7.0 version.

Thank you . That totally worked

Thank you

very helpfull

HI that didnt work for me. I I stop OpenFire, I am not able to start it again. Im getting a “404” Error.

HTTP ERROR: 404

NOT_FOUND

RequestURI=/