Can''t login more than 125 users

We just made the jabber service available to our whole company (~1500 people) and now once 125 people login, no one else can login. There’‘s nothing in the error logs on Jive and there’'s nothing in the Event Viewer on the server. I restarted the service, still nothing. Any ideas?

Ok, now we’'re capped at 103 users… I restarted server and now got some stuff in the error log…

2005.08.11 09:21:43 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:71)

] Internal server error

org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketException: Could not send packet - no route

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketDelivererImpl.deliver(PacketDelivererImpl. java:49)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:202)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:285)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:105)

And now in the Warn Log I’'m getting

2005.08.11 10:29:38 Session not found for packet. Packet domain: jabber.company.com Server name: null

repeated over and over again.

It really doesn’‘t seem related to a specific number anymore but rather some event puts the server in a state where it won’‘t process new connections. They won’'t even update the log files once it gets to that point.

Message was edited by:

cmwhite

Hey Chris,

Is it possible that the server was being stopped while people was using the server or trying to log in? The errors that you posted should only occur under that circumstance. Let us know if there is a way to reproduce this problem.

Regards,

– Gato

Thanks for the response. It appears to have been an issue with bad RAM. There was just a single error in the eventlog regarding a problem with memory and swapping it out seems to have fixed the problem. I never would have thought that could cause such a problem but imperically it can.

Thanks for the help!