Can't login to Admin Console

How are you adding people to your roster? What does the name column show on the openfire user summary page on the server: http://YourServerAddress:9090/user-summary.jsp

I use the “search for other people on the server” box at the bottom of the Spark client to add users to my list. On the User Summary page under “Name” it lists the users in the “Doe, Jon” format.

Username
Name
Created
Last Logout
Doe, Jon
Dec 8, 2008

Just to make sure I hadn’t screwed something up I just blew away my database and my “C:\program files\Openfire” folder and did a fresh install and I’m getting the same result.

(I also applied all suggestions found above)

Then your server is setup correctly at this point and you are running into the issue with spark where it adds users improperly if you manually add them to your roster. when you manually add a user to the roster you need to make sure the nickname field is left blank. If it auto enters anything except the desired Display Name you need to delete the value and tab out of the field.

Ok, it seems to be getting the user right until it adds them to a user’s roster. I went into my account in the User Summary page and for all of my contacts it had the Nickname as their 5 digit code. I was able to edit them and they now show up correctly on my roster in Spark.

I added a new user to my roster in Spark and left the Nickname field blank and it still did not enter the correct Nickname.

Then you did not use the vCard settings i provided. It set the nickname to displayName.

This is copy/pasted from my server.When I went to check it for some reason there were several spaces in there. So displayName I think was “displa yName”. I removed them and it is still showing the employee number instead of Nickname.

Here is my info now:

{sn}{givenName}{mail}{displayName}{dis playName}image/jpeg{jpegPhoto}</ PHOTO>{homePostalAddress} {postOfficeBox}{l}{st}{pos talCode}{c}{homePhone}</N UMBER>{telephoneNumber}{mobile}{pager}</N UMBER>{facsimileTelephoneNumber}< TITLE>{title}{wWWHomePage}{company}{department}

looking at that and my post there is a space in the displayName value for nickname ({dis playName}). I know mine does not have this. This is a render error in this forum. Make sure it did not copy over to your settings.

Additionally you can auto add all users to a roster via group sharing in Openfire. Create an AD group using the AD admin tools, add the users to it, and share it via the openfire admin site. See this doc on how to share groups: http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1619

Here’s a screen print of my config.

That picture shows nothing you have not already stated. This has everything to do with vcard mappings at this point.

Ok, I edited and removed all spaces as stated above. Still no go. I wonder what could be causing this…

(and thanks for being so patient and helpful on this, I appreciate it very much)

With out actual eyes on your config at this point I do not think I can help further. If you have a way for me to actually look at your config and your spark (teamviewer.com), then I may be able to help.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and your offer. I just added users by group and it added all of them with their Doe, Jon names. So, I think I’m going to explore that route and see if I can maybe setup a group in my system that are setup for OpenFire/Spark access and use that.

Thanks again.