Central Management of Spark Client Configuration Settings?

I’m also attempting to do the same thing that Ocr14a is working out with you, but Spark’s “default location” for the properties folder isn’t going to the Program Files install directory OR the Profile directory.

In the SBS2003 domain that I’m setting this up in, I have Desktop and My Documents redirected to seperate share drives on a storage server so that users can float between machines and have all of their files available… The Spark msi installer defaulted to a sub-directory in my Desktop redirection path (\[servername][desktop share directory][%username%]\Spark) . The folder that actually has the desktop in it is in the %username% sub-directory, so the spark folder doesn’t actually show up on the desktop itself.

I contend that the “default” is not the profile directory, but rather something pulled from the settings that usually is the profile directory. Any ideas on how to force it to the profile folder?

In my case, I don’t think this detail is going to keep me from being able to deplot the preferences file, but we’ll see. I know that it will cause issues in Vista clients (the “desktop” redirection doesn’t work just yet in Vista as it is setup in XP), but I don’t have to worry about that just yet. This would help me nip it in the bud though, as it were.

[Wow…I thought I posted this days ago, but I just noticed this browser still open to this page…so here goes a very late posting…]

Yep.

I just tried it on a new machine where I had never used Spark or changed any of the configuration settings, and it does indeed use the user’s profile folder by default.

I guess the problem comes in once I’ve changed something in there.

Oh well. This won’t be a problem for 99% of the users, since only mine and another account have used it so far and that only on a few machines.

So then, is it true that if I never set anything in that field within the preferences settings in Spark AND I never add anything to that field within the config file, it will always stay that way (as long as no one goes in and tampers with their own settings)?