Change password confirmation or save button

It would be nice under the Preferences dialogue, that there be a save/update button next to the change password field, with some kind of confirmation that the change has been made.

At present the user must enter a new password, click “Close” (not intuitive to close something without first saving it) then logout and log back in with the new password. Now logging out/in is no problem, but at some point the user should be told the password has been updated and to logout/in as well as perhaps giving the user a more obvious way of saving the new password, through a “save password” button or an “apply” button next to the close button.

What are your thoughts ?

RioGD

Hi riogd,

I’'d agree with you on that. It will be in the Spark 1.1 release. You can track the progress with SPARK-152.

Cheers,

Derek

First of all thank you! I look forward to seeing 1.1! I will do some forum searching to see if there is an expected date for 1.1, if there isn’'t would you let me know if there is a roadmap or tentative schedule anywhere ?

Lastly there are a couple other things that have come up, some fall into wish (which although perhaps more than a wish in this case, was not a bug) and others which would fall into the bug category. Should I report those in the forum here, or in JIRA, where I have just made an account ?

Thanks for the prompt responses, I am very impressed with Wildfire and Spark both although I have primarily an over the shoulder look at Spark since there is not yet a linux version (by the way I would be happy to test one when it reaches alpha)

Thanks again,

RioGD

You can post all your requests, bug, dreams of the ultimate client all here. I’'m all ears.

Cheers,

Derek

By “here” do you mean this thread, or do you mean this forum in general ? I would be happy to open a topic per item or put them all here, whatever is best for you. And if you would like for me to avoid JIRA I would be happy to do nothing there other than read.

As I am a relatively new follower of this project I would like to try and do things in a way that conforms with the guidelines spoken and unspoken

Thank you,

RioGD

So, what would be great is to file new threads like the following:

“My Ideas for Great Features and Improvments”

or

“Some Bugs That need Fixing”

What I do is then take those items, talk with other members of the community and if it seems like a good idea, I create a new JIRA issue.

Thanks so much for participating,

Derek

I was wondering if there were any updates on SPARK-152. The “un-intuitive behaviour” is still present in Spark 2.0 Beta 2, which I only found out because a user just asked me how to save their changed password.

I would also second LG’'s comment in the SPARK-152 issue about having a “current password” field, however I would count it as less important than an actual “Save Password” or “Update Password” or other such button.

Having to press “Close” to achieve this is very confusing.

Cheers,

RioGD