Just FYI. I noticed some other Ubuntu people posting problems with changing the allocated Java Memory.
I also had some trouble changing the Java Memory parameter on my Openfire server. I’m running 3.6.4 on Ubuntu 9.10 and installed using the Deb installation file.
I have browsed the support forums for possible answers, however none of the solutions work for the 3.6.4 version of Openfire. My server starts from a script called “openfire” located at /etc/init.d/ . The configuration options file (“openfire”) is located at /etc/default .
I tried adding a line to either the startup script or the configuration with either of the following:
Neither parameter works. In the startup script, there was NO line that originally said OPENFIRE_OPTS= The configuration reads DAEMON_OPTS=
So what I did was change the line to read DAEMON_OPTS="-Xms512m -Xmx1024m"
sudo gedit /etc/default/openfire -
Then restarted openfire -