Chat transcript for 2/16/05

Hey all,

Attached is the transcript for today’'s chat. Thanks to everyone that attended!

Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt you swifty!

it’‘s very good thing to have a transcript of chat, cause it’‘s hard to watch all the discussions, especially in english (for me:)) And now i’'ve found some interesting things i didnt notice yesterday:)

so i’'ll put some comments in there (no use of new thread creating).

it wasnt fee but free day actually in Lithuania But it could be a fee day, cause our january fee is very late:( Nevermind:)

About changing the name, i think it could be difficult to change all issues in JIRA to JS-xxx or else:) Well, i do not mind JM nowaday name:)

And i’‘m very interested in Ryan’‘s search plugin. We dont want to use CVS till now, cause we are only testing JM with 2 users. So we’'ll wait for 2.1.2 version. And i wanted to make sure, where should i look for plugins. At the download page?

About Exodus, it seems it’‘s not only fails to reconnect after server restart, it fails to re-sign on too. It’'s strange thing. When i was testing on my machine i wasnt able to reconnect with Exodus installed on same machine, nor with Exodus user on other machine. But now my colleague had installed server on his machine and Exodus works fine to him, and i cant reconnect/re-sign on/ the same output in debug:

Looking up SRV: xmpp-client.tcp.<server_name>

Direct DNS failed… Using server: <server_name>

RECV:

We’'ve tried to disable windows firewalls on both machines, no result. Have to try with other client, to ensure this is the Exodus anomality.

But this client has one great feature - nested groups. I think i’'ll post separate thread for this, because it could be helpful, for newbies maybe:)

Well, that’'s all i think:) great chating:) cu on next wednesday:)

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us all. The news about the flash client library is exciting.

Thanks again,

Ryan

And i’‘m very interested in Ryan’'s search plugin. We

dont want to use CVS till now, cause we are only

testing JM with 2 users. So we’'ll wait for 2.1.2

version. And i wanted to make sure, where should i

look for plugins. At the download page?

The fine folks at Jive are planning on having a plugin download page on the js.org site up and running within the next couple of weeks.

BTW, the chat address is still dev@conference.jivesoftware.com, but i have registered my account to wroot@jivesoftware.org. Hmm…?

The fine folks at Jive are planning on having a plugin download page on the >js.org site up and running within the next couple of weeks.

you could announce it (or matt at the News forum) when it comes, so everyone will have a chance not to miss and try it out;)

I’'m sure there will be an announcement.