Chat window opens minimized

On only ONE of my 12 computers, the chat window opens minimized, and I cannot do any chats. I tried uninstalling Spark 2.6.3, re-installing it, and even upgrading to 2.7.? - (the latest one) , rebooting between each uninstall, and making sure all Windows 7 updates are up to date. No change. Found a few mentions of this on old 2009 blogs, but no solutions. Are there any workarounds to get past this?

Have you tried deleting the profile and starting with new one?

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark

Yes, no luck. I also compared the properties file on the “bad” computer with my profile on a different computer, and made sure all settings were the same. I even copied the entire Good properties file and replaced the contents of the Bad properties file with it, still no luck. And ran 2 antivirus programs, no issues. Any more suggestions?

Can you try creating new Windows profile (different user) and see if it works ok with this profile. If it works fine, then maybe you can just recreate profile for the current user. If not, then maybe you have some application using java, which has java bundled or maybe some java is installed on this system.

I got it. The layout settings (C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Spark\layout.settings on the “bad” computer were, well, “bad”.

I copied the good layout settings from a good computer which were:

mainWindowHeight=900

preferencesFrameWidth=750

preferencesFrameY=126

chatFrameY=17

preferencesFrameX=399

chatFrameX=705

mainWindowWidth=1378

mainWindowY=0

mainWindowX=62

chatFrameWidth=546

splitDividerLocation=-1

chatFrameHeight=883

preferencesFrameHeight=600

The “bad” settings had somehow become set to: (see the huge chat frame size)

mainWindowHeight=406

preferencesFrameWidth=750

preferencesFrameY=117

chatFrameY=-32000

preferencesFrameX=133

chatFrameX=-32000

mainWindowWidth=310

mainWindowY=260

mainWindowX=444

chatFrameWidth=300

splitDividerLocation=-1

chatFrameHeight=300

preferencesFrameHeight=600

So, once I copied the good layout settings to the “bad” computer it was up and running again. Thank you so, so much for your quick responses, it definitely pointed me in the right direction. This had been driving me crazy for weeks.