Client Control : client download still requires authentication

Users are still asked to authenticate when trying to download Spark from the Openfire server using Openfire 3.5.1 and Client Control 1.0.1. This issue was supposed to be resolved according to the Client Control 1.0.1 changelog. It also appears that unauthenticated downloads are accompanied by the following exception.

2008.07.22 15:32:52 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:99)

org.mortbay.jetty.EofException

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:760)

at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.blockForOutput(AbstractGenerator.jav a:548)

at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.flush(AbstractGenerator.java:569)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$Output.flush(HttpConnection.java:910)

at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:646)

at org.mortbay.jetty.AbstractGenerator$Output.write(AbstractGenerator.java:577)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.RoutableServletOutputStream.write(Routa bleServletOutputStream.java:118)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.spark.manager.SparkDownloadServlet.sendClientB uild(SparkDownloadServlet.java:105)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.spark.manager.SparkDownloadServlet.doGet(Spark DownloadServlet.java:82)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleServlet(PluginServlet.j ava:251)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:91 )

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:828)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(Unknown Source)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.ChannelEndPoint.flush(ChannelEndPoint.java:166)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.flush(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:207)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpGenerator.flush(HttpGenerator.java:693)

… 38 more

/code

Next version will fix that. It’s just not released yet. But some of the community users (modulok, i believe) has already tested beta version of 1.0.2 and it worked for him.

That’s good to know. Could you post the location of where I might download the beta version of this plugin? I’d like to test it out as well. I looked in the svn repo, http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/ , but couldn’t find it. I’m probably not looking in the right place

Yes, I have it working. No issues so far, although my Openfire server with the plugin is not live yet.

Link below is the chat transcript. Maybe the beta plugin is till availble to download.

http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/174134

It’s not available yet? Arg. I thought I had uploaded the latest one?

No, it’s still 1.0.1 and btw, plugins page doesnt show icons anymore