I finally started playing with Openfire today (version 3.3.2 running jre1.6.0_02 and embedded database) and I have noticed that all the clients reconnect their session every 15-20 minutes. I have seen this with Adium, Pandion and Pidgin, all the latest versions of each program on different computers and different connections. Which leads me to believe that there is something on the server that is causing this. I have changed the value xmpp.client.idle to -1 but the problem still exists. The error, warn or info log do not contain any information either.
So what am I missing that is causing all the clients to lose their connection 2-3 times a hour and then reconnect within 3-4 seconds.