Company appearing as 'null' in user profile

Using Openfire 3.5.1, spark 2.5.8, windows 2003 R2 AD

In ADUC I have filled out the company for all users, but when when I look at a user’s profuile in spark, Company is null…How do I make that field map to the correct field in AD?

There appears to be a bug in the vCard mappings for Street Address. You will need to use the PO Box container for the street address. I use this site to verify my mappings: https://fsuid.fsu.edu/admin/lib/WinADLDAPAttributes.html

This is my vCard mappings in my openfire.xml:

<vcard-mapping><![CDATA[

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”>

<N>

<FAMILY></FAMILY>

<GIVEN></GIVEN>

</N>

<EMAIL>

<INTERNET/>

<USERID></USERID>

</EMAIL>

<FN></FN> <NICKNAME></NICKNAME>

<PHOTO>

<TYPE>image/jpeg</TYPE>

<BINVAL></BINVAL>

</PHOTO>

<ADR>

<HOME/>

<STREET></STREET>

</ADR>

<ADR>

<WORK/>

<STREET></STREET>

<LOCALITY></LOCALITY>

<REGION></REGION>

<PCODE></PCODE>

<CTRY></CTRY>

</ADR>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<VOICE/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<VOICE/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<CELL/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<PAGER/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<FAX/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TITLE></TITLE>

<URL></URL>

<ORG>

<ORGNAME></ORGNAME>

<ORGUNIT></ORGUNIT>

</ORG>

</vCard>]]></vcard-mapping> /code

So did you add the line:

<ORGNAME>{company}</ORGNAME>

How did you know to add that like that? Mine looks like this:

<code>  &lt;ORG&gt; &lt;ORGUNIT&gt;{department}&lt;/ORGUNIT&gt;   &lt;/ORG&gt;</code>

I did add that. I did not know to add that I had to do a lot of digging and annoying of various programmers to get the answer for you . Then I tested it on my test server to be sure it would work.

Hi,

please take a look at http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0054.html

LG

PS: Todd your settings will break when SPARK-411 gets fixed.

Openfire does not add orgname to the config on its own for AD LDAP. It is not on any of my installs. What specifically is wrong with my vCard settings since most of it is the default as creatd by Openfire? I did do some modifications.

Hi Todd,

I think I did create also an issue to validate all XMPP packets, also vCards. Currently Openfire assumes that everything is right.

Your vCard ("…" should fix this. I did not parse your vCard so I’m not sure if other things are wrong.

LG

attribute is further down the vCard, right where openfire put it for whatever reason. I did not change the structure openfire created, I only added fields where they belong when missing to fill in the gaps in my vCard profile in spark.

Is this resolved or do you still have other issues pertaining to this question?