Configuration Issues

I had forgotten my Admin Password for the web console. So I logged into CentOS and changed setup to False, and restarted. This took me back through the setup process, and all seemed to work out fine, all LDAP tested fine, it found the MySQL server and I even add in a few of my admins from the AD to the site.

The install page tells me it is completed, and give me the button to log in, but everytime it just takes me back to the config where you select language.

I’ve done this atleast 10 times now, shutting down service, restarting, shutting server down afterwards and it always goes back to the config

I even went back into the openfire.xml and change the setup to true, and tried and still same results. always takes me back.

Anyone have any idea how I can get this to truly stick.

Chip

Make sure that the conf/openfire.xml file is owned by the Openfire process owner.

So my knowledge of CentOS can be fit in a thimble.

I know how to do a chmod on the file, but is that enough? How do I determine the Ownership?

OK gotta love Google, I was able to identify and changed the openfire.xml to root from Daemon using the chgrp command, but still a no go.
I also see the directory openfire is owned by Daemon. So now I have to believe that the Openfire Process is probably owned by Daemon as well. How do I identify that?

Also I noticed the openfire.sql is owned by root.

Here are the files and ownerships in my Conf Directory
-rw-r–r-- 1 daemon daemon 9934 Mar20 2012 available-plugins.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 291 Mar 23 2012 gss.conf
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 14 2011 openfire.sql
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 1887 Sep 30 08:02 openfire.xml
-rwxrwxrwx 1 daemon daemon 191 Mar 20 2012 server-update.xml

I also grepd and found the process.
[root@openfire /]# ps -ef | grep openfire
avahi 2293 1 0 14:26 ? 00:00:00 avahi-daemon: running [openfire.local]
daemon 2317 1 0 14:26 ? 00:00:04 /opt/openfire/jre/bin/java -server -Xms256m -Xmx512m -DopenfireHome=/opt/openfire -Dopenfire.lib.dir=/opt/openfire/lib -classpath /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar -jar /opt/openfire/lib/startup.jar
root 2529 2503 0 14:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep openfire

SO based on the above, I assume I change the openfire.xml back to daemon?

Yes, try chown -R user:group /folder/folder/. This should recursively change the owner of a folder and folders and files inside of it.

If you installed via a RPM, something is definitely wrong as those files should not be owned by root.